Thursday, July 16, 2015

Intimacy

Today, my daughter took a trip to another country. We prepared....., and prepared....., and prepared for this grand adventure.

We prayed...., and prayed,....., and prayed before she left our city. This was to ensure her spiritual preparation.

Yes. We do believe in God.

We sang...., and sang,.....and sang to ease frustrations and to calm her anxieties about flying for the first time.

We praised......., and praised, and praised to ensure that those blessing would come down.

I shared with her scriptures to assist in calming her fears about the unfamiliar places, people, and situations that she was about to encounter. These scriptures coincided with the Hezekiah Walker song, "God Favors Me." The scriptures that I shared with her came from the book of Proverbs.

Proverbs 3:23-26......

23. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble
24. When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid, yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet
25. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked when it cometh
26. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

I was happy to share these scriptures with her. I considered it to be a ministry to show and to teach her about her protection as she travelled.

Then I became still. As I was still, and read the shared scriptures again,....., and again,....and again, I realized that God needed me to see these scriptures for myself.  I realized that he wanted me to have  the assistance I needed to address my parental separation anxieties.

See. I need to transfer to her my energy of Faith, Spirituality, and Confidence that God's loving grace has bestowed upon me. Especially when or if hers starts to wane.

What a relationship? What intimacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment